CTECH Europe Ltd
The Wastewater Treatment Specialists
CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment System
Ideal for mid volume wastewater treatment (1.5m3 to 10m3 per day)
The CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment Systems use CTECH's PolyClay flocculation technology to clarify spent solutions, emulsions and industrial effluent.
The CBS waste water treatment system utilises a batch treatment process to meet specific wastewater removal needs, reduces labour cost and minimises space requirements. Standard systems have a throughput capacity of up to 4 m3 per hour, with treatment tank sizes ranging from 350 litres to 1500 litres for optimum efficiency and economy.
CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment Systems are manufactured in Stainless Steel and Polyethylene. The CBS Bandfilter System can be supplied as either a manual or automated system.
Components of the CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment System
Wastewater Treatment Tank
Wastewater treatment tanks are of conical-shape design with decant connections located on the bottom side of the tank. Mixers are installed in the tanks, mounted on a support bridge.
PolyClay Dosing Feeder
PolyClay dosing feeders are available with a 45 litre hopper for manual filling using 25 kg bags of PolyClay.
On all CBS Bandfilter systems, mixers have been selected to provide optimum mixing during the addition of PolyClay chemicals and during the wastewater treatment process.
A trough shaped bandfilter of stainless steel wire mesh that permits dewatering of sludge from the treatment tank. The bandfilter is driven by a geared electric motor regulated by a level control switch.
Located beneath the bandfilter and equipped with a 21/2" discharge line for gravity feed to the sewer.
The CBS Bandfilter system can be operated in manual or manual/automatic mode. Control panels can be supplied to meet specific site requirement.
Manual control panels are supplied with pushbuttons and manually set timers.
Automatic/ Manual control panels are supplied with a manual/automatic selector switch push buttons. In the automatic mode the waste water treatment process is automatically executed.
CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment System Key Facts
The CBS Bandfilter System is a skid mounted system, pre-wired and tested for trouble-free operation from day one. The key features are:
- Up to 1500 litre per batch wastewater treatment capacity.
- Materials used for the equipment are chosen for its durability: HDPE or Stainless Steel for the tank and Stainless Steel for the bandfilter.
- Treated water and sludge is run through a bandfilter assembly for maximum quality.
- System produces 20 to 35 percent dry solids cake on average.
- Optional automation of the batch via PLC.
- All controls are centrally located for ease of operation. Complete manual overrides.
- Easy to operate, no highly skilled operators required.
Typical Treatment Process with PolyClay and CBS Bandfilter Wastewater Treatment System
1. The reaction vessel is filled with wastewater. After filling, the mixer is started and the PolyClay reactive separating agent is added to the mixing wastewater. During this time flocculation can be observed occurring in the wastewater. The mixing continues for 5 - 10 minutes.
The mixer is then stopped, and the floc is allowed to settle. After 5 minutes of settling, the mixer is turned on again shortly. The wastewater treatment process is then complete.
2. The treated, clean water and the sludge is pumped onto the filter media where it dewaters by gravity.
A level detection determines when the sludge builds up too high on the filter media and automatically advances the filter media to ensure even dewatering. The sludge and filter media then fall into a disposal container.